Sunday 1 October 2023

When history repeats itself ….. pasta, pizza, fine wine and heaps more

For anyone who remembers Michelangelo’s on Wilbraham Road with fondness and was a tad sad when it closed, we now have our own Italian restaurant again.

It is Domus Italia on Barlow Moor Road and is the sister restaurant to Casa Italia which we have been going to for years.

Tina is Italian and like me has looked at the online menu of this new Chorlton Italian is  impressed, added to which like their Didsbury counterpart it is also a deli, so I know where I will be tomorrow.

Leaving me just to wish them luck, say how pleased I am and because this is a history blog confirm that old saying about history repeating itself, once as an interesting event and again as a superb one.

I could rave over the menu but I will leave you to do that by following the link.


Location; Barlow Moor Road

Picture; Domus Italia, 2023, courtesy of Peter Topping, and from the collection of Andrew Simpson

* Domus Italia, https://domusitalia.co.uk/

More Italian food stories  at, Italian Food, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.com/search/label/Italian%20Food

No comments:

Post a Comment