Thursday 4 April 2024

Three pictures ..... one place ..... and another pub vanishes

I am not sure I believe that story that when another pub closes Eric Postlethwaite calls last orders and rings his bell somewhere in the vast licensing hall in the sky.

2020
But who am I to challenge the myth?

Instead I present three days in the life of the Farmer's Arms on Stockport Road  in Edgeley accompanied by Andy Robertson's observation on his pictures, "The Farmers Arms flattened on a flaming Friday in February.   Friday and February may or may not have been involved but I do like the liberal use of F words!"

On a May day in 2020 all seemed well, by November of the following year the place had gone dark and a week ago there was just a hole in the ground. 

2021

'nuff said.

2024

Location Stockport

Pictures; three days in the life of the Farmer's Arms, 2020, 2021, and 2024, from the collection of Andy Robertson


No comments:

Post a Comment