Friday 12 April 2024

When the plans don’t work

Anyone who takes a lot of pictures will know that mismatch between the perfect image you see in front of you and the finished product.

When the light was all funny, 2023

And so it was last night in our bathroom at 2 in the morning.

Plans go wrong, 2024

The moonlight shinning in cast a series of shadows across the wall enhanced by the handle and chain from the lavatory cistern and the leaded lights.

For the last few nights on my frequent visits, I had been struck by what a good composition it was, and determined to create a Bill Brandt image I returned and snapped away.

But it being 2  am I resolved to leave checking the pictures till the morning, content that that I had something to be pleased with.

All of which is a statutory lesson in thinking you are better than you are.





Plans go very wrong, 2024

Location; our house

Pictures; when plans go awry, 2023-24, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment