Saturday 22 July 2017

Well why should you look up? ................. the Odeon offers up another memory

Now I won’t be alone in not recognising the powder blue ceiling which Andy Robertson captured in his latest set of pictures of the Odeon as Dennis the demolisher continues his work for Derek the developer.

I admire Andy’s tenacity and his determination to record almost on a daily basis the end of the Odeon.

After all this palace of dreams  will be special to many.

And this I know because people tell me that they remember taking their first “important” date there, and later going back with the children and the grandchildren.

And before television it was where you got your news along with all those impossible ‘B’ movies, made on the cheap, derided at the time and now regarded as “classics”.

None of which helps with the ceiling.

I don’t remember it but I bet someone does.

Location; Manchester



Pictures; the Odeon, 2017 from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment