Saturday 26 October 2019

Tram car 337 on the Levenshulme route ………. and the mystery location

I don’t usually do mystery stories, and especially not tram car mysteries.

But this picture of tram car 337 puzzles me.

There is no date, and no indication of exactly where we are.

All I do know is that we are sometime between 1926 and 1948.

Now this I know because the 37/37A service, Heaton Chapel to Victoria, began on September 9th, 1926 and concluded on October 9th twenty-two years later when the route was handed over to the bus.

Not that I am any clearer as to where we are.

The building to the right looks vaguely familiar, but I shall have to consult a map of the tram routes to see where we might be.

Location; unknown ………… between Heaton Chapel and Victoria

Picture; tram car 337, date unknown from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment