Thursday 27 August 2020

So who is the man with a bag of fish?

Now here’s the challenge.

Just what do you say about a man in a flat cap holding a bag of fish?

To which I am well aware that the answers are “not a lot” and “does it matter?”

To which the reply must be “that here is a story.”

Of course just what that story is remains up for debate.

But the first thing to say is that I bet this postcard was marketed in lots of northern towns and cities requiring the makers to substitute Stockport for any one of a number of locations.

So there you have it.

The card belongs to David Harrop who sent me the picture, but what I should have asked for is the reverse which usually has the publisher and manufacturer allowing me to hunt down other copies.

Location; Stockport

Picture; picture postcard, undated, from the collection of David Harrop

No comments:

Post a Comment