Thursday 3 September 2020

Badges I have worn …………. and lots more I have lost

Now I am guessing for most of us our collection of campaign badges will be frozen in that time when we were most active.

In my case it is rather that I just stopped collecting them, and instead gave them away or lost them.

But nearly 70 have survived, and for no other reason than I can, here are a random sample of those that made it through.

I offer no explanations; most are self-apparent, and all have a story.

A few years ago, John Hacking and Bernard Leach contributed some of their treasured campaign moments and I am hoping that more will come my way.

The badge after all is a powerful piece of history, and one we tend to sideline.

So the appeal is there, send me a picture of your badge or badges, and to add a bit more, tell its story.

There is no cut off in time or place and the collection welcomes all badges.

I am betting there will be some that haven't been seen for decades and many more which never made it into a museum or art gallery.


Locations, the 1970s-1990s






Pictures; Keith Bradley 1992, Nuclear Free Zone, 1980, Don’t Let Crumpsall Biscuit Works Crumble, 1986, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment