Sunday 20 September 2020

Travelling the DLR, looking for the driver

Now I have yet to travel the Dockland Light Railway, which is nothing to do with the lack of a driver, just that I left Well Hall in 1969, and rarely get back.


But in my absence, they built a railway, which my friend who also lives in the North travels on whenever he can.

So here is his picture with his comment,

“I've travelled on the DLR to all its extremities sitting at the front wherever possible.

It's a bit unnerving to travel with just a guard and no driver but excellent for photography as can be seen from this picture approaching Canary Wharf”.

Location; London

Pictures; arriving at Canary Wharf, 2012 from the collection of Ron Stubley 

1 comment:

  1. In my younger days I worked for British Rail Civil Engineers at Stratford who were massively involved in this project at the time.

    ReplyDelete