Monday 4 October 2021

Linda Rigby R.I.P. ....... from Tony Goulding

Sadly, my friend Linda died last month. 


She was always very encouraging of my history writng and periodically provided me with material to use. 

To celebrate her generosity, I thought I would make use of a couple of old postcards which she recentlygave to me, together with, other photographs and her collection of local history books. 


Linda was well aware that they were produced by my grandfather, A.H. Clarke.Picture 1 

I shall now doubly treasure them.     

Linda partcularly appreciated stories of my family history and we had oten swopped stories of each other’s families over a coffee. 

She will be missed.



Pictures; from the collection of Linda Rigby

1 comment:

  1. A very sad loss. In her short time as a member of the Friends of Chorlton Park she made a great impact. I will look at the Indian bean tree and think fondly of her. Condolences to her family.
    Julia (Chair of Friends of Chorlton Park)

    ReplyDelete