Monday 6 December 2021

Sketches from a long time ago ………somewhere in Manchester …. 1961

Now I am always fascinated by those more recent photographs of the city, when everything looks almost as it does now, but just a bit different.

And it is a bonus when I get to see a sketch or painting of that older Manchester.

So here is one by my friend Ann Love, who recorded this city centre scene on November 13th 1961.

Ann tells me that it was drawn “somewhere in the middle of Manchester, near the prison?” But admits that it was a “long time ago”.

This is one from a catalogue of pictures she made in the early 1960s which were part of school art projects, and I minded to return to the others she has shared with me.

And I rather hope she finds plenty more.

Location; Manchester

Picture; “somewhere in the middle of Manchester”, 1961 from the collection of Ann Love

No comments:

Post a Comment