Friday 17 December 2021

Waiting for the band to play ..... Middleton

Now it's been a year since I visited the story of the bandstand, and so I was pleased when Tony Goulding sent this one over.


Tony is a regular contributor to the blog and tells me "I have been busily engaged in researching a friend's (rather complicated) family history. 

In connection with this we took a trip today out to Middleton. 

I took a newish digital camera with me and took a few pictures, one of which was of this bandstand which stands in the grounds surrounding St. Leonard's church. 

I seem to recall that you have an interest in surviving bandstands so I thought I would send you this picture"

And that is all I am going to say, other than to thank Tony and invite you to read all the bandstand stories.

Location; Middleton

Picture; Middleton Bandstand, 2021, from the collection of Tony Goulding.

*Bandstands, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.com/search/label/Bandstands

No comments:

Post a Comment