Saturday 11 December 2021

When busking just got more interesting ….. Market Street

Now I applaud the busker on Market Street on Thursday for cheering up the shoppers on a wet grey day.


Novelty comes to mind, and I didn’t really listen to the music, but he made everyone just that bit happier.

Someone has suggested that he was perhaps playing "heavy metal" which made me smile.

And I can reveal that his name is "THE JUNKOACONE WASTEMAN".  None of my pictures captured the board with his intriguing title, but it does so happen I know the real identity of the chap in junk.

Not that I will reveal his name, but in the interests of authenticity he may will come forward and make a comment.

We shall see.

Historically buskers will have played Market Street for centuries, and playing the instruments and music may have changed the purpose remains the same.

In the case of a our chap, even the collecting bucket was metal.

Location; Manchester

Picture; The Junkoacane Wastemanbusking on Market Street, 2021, from the collection of Andrew Simpson


1 comment:

  1. The sheer effort & imagination & originality deserves applause. Even the name is a wonder!
    I hope he comes forward , but maybe like any Super Heroe ( I'm maybe thinking Batman or Superman) he might want to keep his identity a secret!

    ReplyDelete