Thursday 29 February 2024

Walking in our historic graveyard ……. and news from the Friends

It’s been a few weeks since I have been in the graveyard beside the green, and so I am not quite sure when the tree came down.


It is a sad sight and given the degree of rot at the base of the trunk I think it can’t be saved.

But then I am not an expert and so quick as a blink I contacted Mathew Benham one of our city councillors and a Friend of Chorlton Graveyard asking who I should tell.

And Mathew did one better by contacting the neighbourhood team on the same day and just two days later came back with “It’s with the ground maintenance team. I’ll chase if it’s not removed.”

Now you can’t do better than that.

Which is a good outcome for the newly formed Friends of Chorlton Graveyard which has  a Facebook Friends site.*

And you can read more of the work of the Friends by following the link.** 

Location; Chorlton Graveyard

Picture; fallen tree, Chorlton Graveyard, 2024 from the  collection of Andrew Simpson

*The Friends of Chorlton Graveyard, www.facebook.com/groups/chorltongraveyard

**Friends of Chorlton Graveyard, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.com/search/label/Friends%20of%20Chorlton%20Graveyard


No comments:

Post a Comment