Sunday 28 July 2019

You wait 67 years for a tram ....... and two turn up at the same time

Now I don’t remember those old stately Corporation trams that rattled acoss all our cities for half a century and more.

That said there is a family story that father did take me down to New Cross bus and tram depot to see the last London one finish its last journey on July 5 1952.

Sadly I have no recollection, so for all those like me who are fascinated by those trams, here are two from Paul  Sherlock and Ron Stubley.

Both were taken in Blackpool.

Paul tells me his picture sports the markings of Bolton Corporation, while Ron’s is from the magic and famous 53 route which finished up at Belle Vue.

And that is about it, except to say that I we have a new series celebrating trams from San Francisco, to Warsaw, and Berlin.

To which in time I shall add my own favourites which ,include the London Transport double decker  that passed our house, the old green single decker from Rome and the equally striking orange ones of Naples.

Location; Blackpool
















Pictures; a Bolton tram courtesy of Paul Sherlock, 2016, and the 52 to Belle Vue, 2010 from the collection of Ron Stubley



No comments:

Post a Comment