Saturday 8 February 2020

Ghost signs I have known ……….the shop I must have shopped in

We tend to think of ghost signs as evidence of long-gone businesses or products which might have once been household names.

Now I can’t remember if I ever went into 408 Barlow Moor Road, and certainly can’t think what was there before it opened.

But I am pretty sure some will, and I await the comments.

In the meantime, its windows have been a repository for all sorts of posters.

Which are themselves ghosts signs, adding to our history of Chorlton.

And as I hoped within minutes of posting the story, Joanne Buckley, write in "It used to be a newsagents and before that a jewellers".

And yes I did buy something from both!

Location; Chorlton

Pictures; empty shop, Barlow Moor Road, 2020, from the collection of Andrew Simpson



No comments:

Post a Comment