Tuesday 9 January 2024

Scenes from a sports day

The year and the names of the young students have been lost over the last four decades.

It will have been around 1978 but could be the year afterwards, and I think the venue was Longford Park.

As for the identities of the four, their faces are all still very familiar; it is just the names that I can’t remember.

And without a name I can’t share the pictures with each of them which is a shame.

That said I don’t think they will mind that forty years on I have found the old negatives and converted them into electronic files.

In the case of one of the girls, I think she is the younger sister of someone I know but I haven’t yet pursued the search.

I was a bit reluctant to post the images, given that I don’t have their names, but perhaps someone will recognise them and I can offer them a copy of the pictures.

And that of course points to that simple observation, always record the date, location, and the names of the individuals.

I didn’t which, is why I am in such a pickle.

But to adapt that famous quote, still I do have the pictures.

Location; Manchester






Pictures; a sports day, circa 1978, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment