Tuesday 6 June 2023

A little bit of Woolwich ........ from Manchester

Now I like the way a picture of a place I remember so well from my youth just pops into my in tray.

And so it is with this fine photograph of Plaisted’s Wine House.

Over the years I featured lots of images of Plaisted’s from a nice one taken by our Colin and Elizabeth to ones I took in the 1970s.

What makes this one just that bit unique is that it comes from the collection of Ron Stubley who like me lives in the far North ........ beyond the river, Watford Gap and even Birmingham.

Ron like me collects interesting buildings and so on a visit to Woolwich back in 2012 he added this one to the album.

He sent it over about 15 minutes ago with the comment “I'm sure you'll like this one Andrew”, and of course I do.

I shall now wait to see what other gems from Woolwich he may have.

Location; Woolwich

Picture, Plaisted’s Wine House, 2012, from the collection of Ron Stubley


1 comment: