Tuesday 24 July 2018

Walking the canal to Cornbrook no.4 ......... discarded things

This will be the last of the short series accompanying Andy Robertson on his walk along the canal to Cornbrook.

I say the last but like me he is fascinated by this stretch of land which regularly yields up lots of relics from out industrial past.

But perhaps not this time, for I fear we are with Derek the Dumper and his selection of unwanted things he chose to deposit, which are only slightly less unpleasant, than the scrawling of Sylvia and Sidney which do nothing for me.

Some might argue the graffiti is brightening up a grey and drab spot, but I like grey and drab which perfectly fit with this post industrial scene.

Pictures; walking the canal to Cornbrook, 2018, from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment