Thursday 8 June 2023

The lost Eltham & Woolwich pictures ...... no.27 building boats beside the river

Now someone will put me right on this, and point out that it was a repair yard not a boat building yard, and may even dispute my use of "boat", but I don't care.

When I was growing up in Well Hall and wandering down to Woolwich I was always fascinated by the yard.

It comes from the collection of pictures I took of Eltham and Woolwich in the mid ‘70’s sat undisturbed in our cellar.

But all good things eventually come to light.

They were colour slides which have been transferred electronically.

The quality of the original lighting and the sharpness is sometimes iffy, but they are a record of a lost Eltham and Woolwich.

Location; Woolwich












Picture; Woolwich circa 1976, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment