Saturday 25 April 2020

Ghost signs, church towers, 2 pubs, and a school entrance, …..doing the essential walk and making it historic .... no. 6

Now, I am always envious of Andy who manages to plan his essential walks with an eye on both, a pleasant stroll and bit of history.

So earlier in the week as the sun shone he took himself down Green Lane in Ashton upon Mersey.

It's not somewhere I know, but I rather think it will be.

Knowing my love of ghost signs, his first picture was of the gable end of the shop on Green Lane and Green Bank Road.

Which he quickly followed up by the clock tower, a crumbly insription above the school gates, three pubs and St Martin's Church.

Space prevents me from show all of the places, but here are three with a nod tomorrow to the rest.

Location; Ashton upon Mersey

















Pictures; Ashton upon Mersey, 2020, from the collection of Any Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment