Friday 17 April 2020

Watersmeet …… Stretford ….. doing the essential walk and making it historic .... no. 1

We each take those “essential walks” in a different way, and in Andy’s case it had to be beside water, and that meant a stretch of one of his favourite canals.

And after that walk was over he shared it with me, adding, “This is where I did my daily exercise today, just happened to have my camera with me”.

Already a friend of his responded, with “Many thanks for lovely photos, keep exercising your camera”.

And I hope he does.

I could have gone into the history of the canal, but that’s been done.*

Location; Stretford

































Pictures; Watersmeet, Stretford, 2020, from the collection of Andy Robertson





*Memories of the Duke’s Canal at Stretford, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.com/2014/05/memories-of-dukes-canal-at-stretford.html

No comments:

Post a Comment