Tuesday 28 April 2020

Lost and forgotten streets of Salford ... nu 34 a reassuring discovery

Sometimes amidst shed loads of change along Chapel Street it’s reassuring to see that some things have stayed the same.

And so it is with the Salford Arms.

Not that I have ever been inside and I am sure that there will be plenty of people who will be able to tell me just how the pub has changed in the last thirty or so years.

But even I can spot that the neighbouring building which was Holgate Machine Co Ltd has become the Roast House.

And while it has retained the clock face the hands have gone replaced by a smiley face.

Location; Salford

Pictures; Chapel Street, 2016 from the collection of Andrew Simpson and sometime around 1980, m77250, courtesy of Manchester Libraries, Information and Archives, Manchester City Council, http://images.manchester.gov.uk/index.php?session=pass



1 comment:

  1. As a Salfordian I'm ashamed to admit I only ever visited this fine estabsment once in the 1980s. Glad to see it's still alive and kicking.

    ReplyDelete