Tuesday 16 February 2016

Watching the season go by from a window ............. nu 1 Beech Road

Now there is nothing original in the concept and at least one of the pictures is a bit iffy, but when did that ever stop any one posting a photograph?

January 2009 offered up one of those snow days and one by one everyone in the house tried to get off to work or school.

But the buses had given up by 6 am, Beech Road was a no go area for cars trying to come off the side roads and the schools just didn’t open.

So that was that.  I took the pictures and later wrote the story*.

And then yesterday as the sun shone down I took another series of photographs.

They were pretty much taken from the same spot as those back in 2009, but perhaps I was lazy or the lighting was not so wonderful because I can't say I was over happy with them.

But I knew I wasn't going to repeat the process, so here is the best of a poor bunch.

As I said, not an original idea but I reckon counts as a bit of history so its on the blog.

Location; Beech Road, Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Manchester










Pictures, Beech Road, 2009, 2016, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

*January 2009 when the snow came down in lumps, http://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/january-2009-when-snow-came-down-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment