Sunday 4 February 2018

Just when you think you are done with steam .......

So, as they say there I was, waiting at the corner for a steam engine and after a decent amount of time this one passed by.

In truth it didn’t.

It is a painting by Peter Topping from a photograph by David van Mill, and it was Mr van Mill who got to see the steam engine, took the picture and gave his permission to Peter to use it for his painting.

Now I have a lot of photographs of steam powered vehicles which I took a long time ago, but they are all in black and white and don’t convey how colourful these machines can be.

All of which is why I jumped at the opportunity to include this one in a story.

Peter tells me the title is “1930 Fowler (Leeds) Steam Roller "Old Smokey", and that will do for me.

Painting; “Old Smokey © 2018 Peter Topping, Paintings from Pictures, from a photograph by David van Mill
Web: www.paintingsfrompictures.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment