Saturday 10 February 2018

Welcome home Lois

Now the blog rarely does personal messages, but as my friend Lois prepares for a night at the Apollo with the Mavericks I just thought I would say hello.


Lois will no doubt be gazing down on the city from the 14th floor of her hotel and getting ready to meet up with us.

I first met Lois in 1969 when we were students at the old College of Commerce on Aytoun Street.

Yesterday she and her daughter, Madeline took a wander around the city at night , and today me and Tina will join them.

Despite a wet miserable day I am guessing there will be much to see and lots to catch up on.

And her challenge should she choose to accept, is to name all the places, and in the space of the time it takes us to meet up, get a picture of all three and post to social media, with a suitable caption.

No pressure, then, of course her breakfast chums and Madeline are allowed to help.

But not Eric at the breakfast bar.

Location; Manchester, 1969-2017

Pictures; from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment