Wednesday 28 February 2018

What’s stirring down by Southern Cemetery?

Andy’s picture of the crematorium by Southern Cemetery will be familiar to many, especially the Friends of Barlow Moor Road.

But I wonder how many know what is going on behind the builders panels?

I must confess I didn't and never got round to finding out.

Prompted by Andy’s photographs, I went and looked on the City’s planning portal, only to draw a blank.

But as you do I decided instead to ask Cllr. Dave Rawson of Chorlton Park Ward.

And within minutes of the email being sent I got the reply "The Crematorium are building new offices and reception rooms with a new car parking arrangements. We met with them quite a while back to discuss their plans and involved neighbours to try and resolve planning issues. I think it might be complete around October”.

Now that is pretty good service on the part of Cllr. Rawson, answers my question and gives Andy untold photo opportunities as the new buildings rise above those builder’s panels.

Leaving me just to say that I have completely forgotten what was on the site, before building began.

But since posting the story we went past and there on the gate post was the words Car Park.

So that is that then.

Location; Southern Cemetery

Pictures; By Southern Cemetery, 2018, from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment