Saturday 13 March 2021

Ten minutes in the story of one bench on Market Street …… Saturday June 23rd

The sun was out and as you do, I was waiting on the opposite seat watching the Saturday shoppers process down Market Street.

The pictures are not the best quality, and I am sure I could have played with the lighting and the composition, but as they say they are a moment in time on one of the busiest streets in the city.

With the passage of time they may become part of that bigger collection of images that record Manchester & Salford's street life over two centuries.

Or they may just be judged a silly bit of picture taking on a sunny day when I should have been doing somethings else.

Like buying a new pair of flip flops, and summer shirts, which I didn't.

Instead I sat on that bench taking in the scene and having an interesting conversation with a women from Sheffield who was here for the day accompanying her daughter who was checking out the University.






















Location; Manchester












Pictures; Market Street, 2019, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

1 comment:

  1. Nice series of pics... and a nice pondering sort of a post!

    ReplyDelete