Tuesday 17 May 2022

A little bit of Sardinia’s street furniture …. now that’s a zippy title

Now once again there will be people who mutter that I should get a life, but in these days of staying in, there is great merit in revisiting that series on lost street furniture.

And having trawled though a series of old photographs I came across these from Sardinia.

We were in Isola Rossa, and as you do I went looking for those old, fashioned drain covers, and was rewarded with not one but three all very close to where we were staying.

Like their British counterparts, each had a different design, and manufacturer.

And that pretty much is that.

Other than to say, in the fullness of time I shall track the company's down who made them and see where that leads.

Location; Sardinia




















Pictures; drain covers I have taken a fancy to, 2014, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment