Saturday 25 February 2017

Taking that new tram journey .......... travelling the Second City Crossing

Now alas I will not get my certificate for being one of the first on the Second City Crossing after it opens tomorrow.

I shall be content with a trip later in the week.

But I am looking forward to it.

As someone who has travelled the network soon after each of the new lines opened, this one has to be a must.

I watched its construction, photographed each stage, and was fascinated when the archaeologists were called in to excavate those human remains.

So I will be on a tram bound for Victoria via St Peter’s Square and down along Princess Street, Cross Street and into Exchange Square.

I will have my camera but won’t carry any sound recording device.

Although I am reliably  informed that
Eric will be recording the metro stop announcements and interviewing fellow passengers.

You have been warned.

Location; the Second City Crossing

Pictures; travelling the tram, 2014 & 2016 from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment