Wednesday 15 February 2017

"In and around Eltham" .............. paintings “to jog your memory”

Now here is one I wish I could go to.  

Today I got my invitation from the Eltham Society to “our annual exhibition this Saturday, the 18th.*

This year we are “In and Around Eltham” with pictures to jog your memory. 

It is at St Mary’s Community Centre in the High Street from 10.30am to 4pm. 

It will be formally opened at 11am by Mark Wall who has been publishing SEnine for the last 10 years. In six weeks time he will be returning to Perth.

There will be refreshments available and St Mary’s will be having an Open Day in the upstairs rooms.”

And it is open to the public.  So I suggest you go along and perhaps report back, after all I may be in Manchester but I still miss Eltham and in particular Well Hall where I grew up.

Alas I shall be engaged here in the city launching a new book  **

But enough of such outrageous self promotion.

“In and Around Eltham” .......... St Mary’s Community Centre in the High Street from 10.30am to 4pm, Saturday February 18th.

Location; Eltham

Picture; Eltham Palace, 2015 from the collection of Elizabeth and Colin Fitzpatrick

*The Eltham Society

**Manchester Remembering 1914-18 


No comments:

Post a Comment