Tuesday 31 March 2020

Pictures from a backroom, on a moment of self-isolation .....snow and drizzle ..... Barrie, Ontario

Today, we are in Canada, in the town of Barrie, in Ontario.

Here lives my longtime friend Lori, who I first got to know when researching British Home Children, who were those youngsters migrated to Canada and other parts of the old British Empire.*

Lori is one of the foremost experts on British Home Children, and I turned to her for a picture of Barrie during the Age of the Virus.

Here are her two pictures, to which she added, “In Canada we are still cold, it's raining out - which is better than the snow we just had. 

Last if the fall leaves are still waiting to be picked up.

Here you go, dreary and boring.  I took this photo last Monday in, what we hope to be, our last snow fall at the Waterfront, Barrie, Ontario, and the second from my from my front deck this morning”.

Location; Barrie, Ontario, 2020














Pictures; Waterfront, Barrie, and from Lori’s front deck, 2020, from the collection of Lori Oschefski

*British Home Children, Advocacy and Research Association, https://www.britishhomechildren.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment