Tuesday 24 November 2020

Random Castlefield ………. past glories

I have no idea if this streetlamp still works, but it’s a bit of that Castlefield which has been sidelined by modern development.


Not that I have anything against the new developments that have added to the area over the last thirty years.

Although the historian in me, misses some of the old interesting and historic buildings that have gone.

Like those along Southern Street.

The "gas lamp", Andy told me  "is on Bridgewater Street near its junction with Collier Street, almost opposite the old police station".

And thinking about it I have passed it countless times but never really noticed it, and certainly never thought of of photographing it.

So, a thank you to Andy.

Location; Castlefield

Picture; streetlamp, 2020, from the collection of Andy Robertson




No comments:

Post a Comment