Monday 9 November 2020

So why can’t I post a story about Trafford Wharf?

All those who don’t like trams, can turn away.


But for everyone else, here is Trafford Wharf, which for a while is the nearest I will get to the latest bit of the Metro empire.

And as such it deserves a place on the blog.

It is no secret when ever a new bit of the Metro is opened I have been there riding the tram.

Nor have I been alone.


You can spot us a mile off, wearing a glazed look of pleasure and carrying a camera and notepad, although I have always drawn the line at recording equipment.

No so my friend Barry who carried on a continuous commentary shortly after the last section of the East Didsbury line was open for business.

Each stop was described in detail and on one occasion, the opinion of several passengers was added to the recording.

So that is it. Andy who took the pictures, tells me that "it opened for revenue service on March 22. I am yet to try it out, should be interesting in parts", and I agree.

Location; Trafford Wharf

Pictures; Trafford Wharf, 2020, from the collection of Andy Robertson


No comments:

Post a Comment