Tuesday 10 November 2020

Paris ................ a long time ago

It was one of those short breaks to Paris which coincided with my first proper camera, a Pentax K1000, SLR.



So good was the camera that I bought a second a few months later.

I continue to have a strong affection for them, and they travelled all over Europe, sitting in the back of boiling hot taxi in Athens and dropped beside a babbling brook on a cold winter’s day outside Buxton

And with the camera I began to master the joys of a dark room along with developing and printing the pictures.

As much as I felt grown up it was all rather hit and miss and after a long break between taking pictures when

I started again it was with a digital camera.

I suppose I should also comment on the trip to Paris, but it was so long ago and anyway after Paris there was Rome, and that as they say was a love affair that I have never lost.

Location; Paris

Picture; Paris 1981 from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment