Thursday 7 June 2018

Another from the Great War ....... for the collection

Now I collect crested china from the Great War, but ever being a cheap skate I leave it to my old friend David Harrop to actually purchase the items.

He then sends me a photograph and I add that to the electronic collection.

Through his generosity, I can now count up to thirty bits of porcelain, ranging from a battleship, to an ambulance several tanks and umpteen various other bits and pieces.

Some are identical and are only distinguished from each other by the name of a town or city.

That name often comes with the coat of arms of the place, thereby making it easier to sell the identical tank or ambulance across the country to the residents of Manchester, Liverpool and in this case Scarborough.

Location; Scarborough

Picture; the Scarborough tank, circa 1917 from the collection of David Harrop

No comments:

Post a Comment