Thursday 7 June 2018

The Urmston Three ....... two pubs and an ex police station

Now I freely admit that the blog is out of its comfort zone and that my knowledge of Urmston is limited.

But Andy Robertson keeps bringing me back to the place with his pictures, and my old friend Michael Billington publishes his book on the history of Urmston, Flixton and Davyhulme later in the year.

So there will be no excuse but to board that bus that takes me to the Trafford Centre and get off and visit the three buildings Andy photographed today.

I may wait of course for the arrival of the new book which will offer up a history of the area and place the two pubs and ex police station in a context.

In the meantime I shall also wait for contributions from people who will have visited all three and may have their own photographs to join Andy’s images.

My favourite has to be the ex police station which dates from 1904.  It is functional without being drab and still looks the part.

And that is all I have to say.

Location; Urmston







Pictures; two pubs and an ex police station, 2018, from the collection of Andy Robertson

* The story of Urmston, Flixton and Davyhulme, Michael Billington, 2018, the History Press

No comments:

Post a Comment