Friday 22 June 2018

Out in Warrington in June .......... always look at the detail

Now it is one of those simple observations that many of us don’t go looking for the detail in the buildings we pass.

So here in Warrington just down from the Town Hall with the sun shining I noticed he working above the window.

In one sense it is the sort of detail that adorns plenty of shops of a certain period.

In this case I think we may be looking at what was once a Co-op.  I know that other shops also had similar designs but in this case there was also a side entrance to what I suspect was once the way up to a meeting room which were common in Co-op buildings.

I don’t have any street directories for Warrington and have no knowledge of the history of the Co-op in the area so that is where I shall have to leave it.

That said I bet someone will.

Location; Warrington


Pictures; Warrington 2016, from the collection of Andrew Simpson



















No comments:

Post a Comment