Friday 27 April 2018

Back with the Crown on Blackfriars Street

Now yesterday I featured one of John Casey’s photographs of Blackfriars Street in the 1980s.

It drew a lot of attention as I knew it would with people remembering nights in the Crown and the two shops next door which sold wallpaper and LPs and P J added the story of Robinsons’s Records.

And later in the day my old friend Andy Robertson sent over these two fine pictures of the Crown from 2014.

What I particularly like is the detail of the pub’s name, which all too often we take for granted.

I will go looking for any reference to the future plans for the old pub which until recently was Cillians, “Nails Hair and Beauty.”

Location; Blackfriars Street




Pictures; Blackfriars Street, 2014 from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment