Tuesday 17 April 2018

The bit that Sale lost ......... remembered by Andy Robertson

Now you can be over precious about old buildings, but I am always guided by Andy Robertson who as we all know has been recording our changing landscape for the last four decades.

Yesterday he sent me four pictures of two buildings he photographed three years ago with the comment, “I took these pictures in March 2015 because I was there and they looked ‘nice’ and a bit old. 

Driving past the other week I noticed they were no more. 

I just thought the white building was just one building but having seen the 1908 map it is or was obviously three. 

The other building was to top right of the three. 

Bittersweet really, nice to have a picture of something gone but at the same time sad to see it gone!"

Location; Sale

Pictures; Bits that Sale has lost, 2005, from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment