Friday 6 April 2018

Waiting for something to happen ........ that building in Queens Park

The house in the Park, 2018
Now I know if I go looking I will find out the fate of the house at the gates of Queens Park in Harpurhey.

I just choose not to, on the firm assumption that someone will tell me.

In what is an awful admission I have to come clean and say I have never visited Queens Park.

All the other big Manchester parks have had the privilege of my presence at some time over the last half century but the one on Rochdale Road just got left of my list.

The house in the Park, 1968
But Andy Robertson was there at the back end of March and took the picture of the lodge as it is now, all boarded up and forlorn.

Having posted it over, he then went looking for an earlier pictures and found one from 1968 taken by L.H.Price.

The rest I leave to whoever wants to write 200 words on “the building at the gates of Queens Park, then and now”

Location; Harpurhey

Pictures; the building at the gates of Queens Park, 2018 from the collection of Andy Roberts, and in 1968, L.H.Price, m4143, courtesy of Manchester Libraries, Information and Archives, Manchester City Council, http://images.manchester.gov.uk/index.php?session=pass

No comments:

Post a Comment