Saturday 21 April 2018

Today .......Clayton Hall Remembers Bradford Pit

Now if you missed the first of Clayton Hall remembers Bradford Pit, you can catch it again today or on May 5, when the doors of this splendid old building are open again for two more open days.

Kay Symcox told me that the first event back on April 7th had been a great success.

Amongst the visitors were a number of ex Bradford miners, who "by chance, had all worked at BP around the same time and knew the same people

All of the memories that I have collected from facebook or personally from visitors will be added to the Manchester Archives held at Central Library when our exhibition has finished and  we will be keeping everything that I have collected, so that visitors to the Hall can browse through after the exhibition has finished

Did I tell you that I discovered that my paternal grandfather worked at the pit during WW1?


He died before I was born and none of my family knew!

And for any one who wants to add their stories they can by contacting info@claytonhall.org of Facebook

And for those like me me who live on a tram line there is a metro stop outside the Hall.  Perfect.

Location; Clayton Hall

Pictures; scrapbook picture, courtesy of Lynn Blinkhorn

No comments:

Post a Comment