Saturday 23 December 2017

A little bit of Eltham in Manchester

A little bit of home fell through the letter box yesterday afternoon.

December cover
Amongst the Christmas cards, unwanted adverts for double glazing, came a year’s back copies of SEnine sent up by my dear friend Larissa.*

Like all such magazines there is an online version but I treasure the hard copies and save them up to read over a few weeks.

And on the same day, in the same post came my new membership card for the Eltham Society.

Together they are a powerful reminder of where I grew up and its fitting that they should arrive just before Christmas, which is always a time I think of the family, and our Christmases in Well Hall.

Now I know lots of people will have left their child homes and struck out in new places, making friends, putting down roots and raising a family but most of us never quite lose that bond with where we grew up.

So that is pretty much it.

Location; Eltham

Picture; December, from SEnine publication December, 2017

*SEnine, http://senine.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment