Friday 1 December 2017

My Peckham .............. nu 3 Samuel Pepy School

A short series of places I grew up with.  

Some have already appeared and others will be familiar because as iconic buildings they are well known.

Now pretty much every school I attended or taught at has been demolished and Samuel Pepy where I spent the years 1961-66 is no exception.

Adrian Parfitt sent me this picture which has particular significance as one of those classrooms was mine for two years.

On the other side of the corridor were the science labs and directly above us the history and geography rooms while opposite them were the art rooms.

All of which just left the playground on the roof and the staff room on ground floor.

I have no idea when the new block was built or when it finally came down, and would welcome news of what has replaced it.

Picture; supplied by Adrian Parfitt

No comments:

Post a Comment